Monday, July 27, 2020

The Tornado by CM

I was at my office on a fine summer’s day,
When the sky darkened.
There was a swirling mass in the sky.
They called it many names,
Hole,
Abyss,
Freak storm,
UFO,
The dark jaws.
But no.
It was a tornado of crows.
Hundreds of murders condensed in the sky.
Swirling,
Twirling,
A whirlpool of death.
Advancing on us all.
I heard screams.
Evacuate!
Flee!
Stay calm!
Don’t be afraid!
The tornado’s coming!
It was.
Sweeping through the city swirling, twirling, screeching,
The murders came.
Closer, ever closer,
Upon us.
I braced my self for flying debris,
Nothing.
The crows, murder upon murder, swirled on.
But destruction came.
The cook murdered the truant officer,
I was in shock,
I ran.
The boss murdered the librarian,
I ran out of my office building.
The streets where chaos.
Gunmen shooting at the market,
People where drowning each other in the fountain,
Children chasing each other with kitchen knives.
Bodies all over the ground.
I saw my twenty-year-old son.
I was about to help him,

No,
I smiled.
I picked up a hatchet and advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment