Monday, July 27, 2020

Four Poems, A Metaphor, A Metaphor Poem, Two More Poems by BP

Poem #1
Red and white mailboxes
Scatter the streets
Letters from loved ones
Invitations
Bills
Junk mail
Incoming, outgoing
My neighbor passed me
And asked me if I was ok
Because I was just sitting on the sidewalk
Writing a poem about a mailbox
I was like, yeah I’m just fine


Poem #2
Carrying me fast or slow
Dirty soles and knotted laces
Nothing special
Just some shoes
I’d rather go barefoot


Poem #3
Dewy grass, tickling my toes
The softest breeze
Construction equipment
Distrusting the sounds
Of birds and crickets
The wind in the leaves


Poem #4
Branches bending over the bench
I’ve seen a woman here
Fixing the bushes
Planting
The sun glinting off the lake
Birds gliding

-------------------------

Metaphors~
Heart of stone
Mountain of love
War is a nightmare
Love is like finding your favorite song
A school of fish
Tears are floods, when the dam is opened
Jaws of life
Tornado of thoughts, a spiral, destruction bound

-------------------------------



Metaphor poem
Tornado of thoughts
A spiral
Destruction bound
Swirling what if’s
Clouding my reality
Worries and fears exposed
The wind ripping off the roof of a house
Safe places open to the elements

----------------------------------


I know it’s irrational
Not a big deal
But the storm grows
Grows
Grows
Until it’s a funnel cloud
Ripping its way through me


The sirens go off
Danger is at my front door
I’m out in the open
Tears mix with rain
No shelter from the storm

-------------------


Breathe
The storm will pass
I know this
But in the moment
My world is crashing down
And there’s nothing I can do but wait it out


The clouds clear
Check the damages
Broken branches and trees
Debris scattered across my mind space
Piece myself back together

Prepare for the next storm

No comments:

Post a Comment